|
feature - sag awards 2013
Posted Monday, January 28, 2013 // 1:11 AM
This post consists of a couple of different sub-features, so bear with me. There are so many great looks to choose from this event and everyone had on such different outfits, it was really an eye-candy event. All the celebrities were all geared up in such different styles - there was the classic ones, then the fun-colours ones, and not to mention, the prints. I needed time to narrow all of them down to make sure my blog isn't a messy disaster by the time I hit "post".
Anyways, here goes nothing~
Colours
The insanely beautiful coloured gowns was one of the highlights of the red carpet. It was like watching a kaleidoscope of colours marshed into something amazing. These are some of my favourites. I had the hardest time choosing the top look for me but I am really into the red Randi Rahm gown Maria Menounos have on because of the flawless back cutting and amazing snug to her hourglass figure. Not to mention her perfect make-up and those blings can really blind you. It's an effortless piece.
I really liked how Sarah Hyland look in the Dolce & Gabbana royal purple lace gown but her hair is a little too tight on the top for my liking. This is a refreshing change from her usual nude, princessy get up though still true to her with the lace. Well done! I just really like the colour combination of the sky blue and baby pink Shaun Robinson have on. I don't like her earrings cause they seem a little too off with the overall feel of the ensemble. Her hair can be put up of swept to a side bun cause the hairstyle she is trying to rock is making her look a little too old. I love Nina Dobrev in colours and so the pink Elie Saab is really stunning on her skin. I love that cut-out detail that trails the gown off the track of mediocrity. She looks really long and lean so her ears should really be kept clean already. And I would really love to see some pink on her lips cause the make-up is a little too bland for the gown. I hate your _________ I really, really like Claire Danes' Givenchy dress because she looks so effortless in it. The details on the side makes it really fun and she looks absolutely amazing in a one-shoulder piece. But I want to cry because of the vampy makeup. I hate the whole vampire-inspired makeup trend that is going on because it makes you look so gothic for no apparent reason. It's such an amazing outfit if I can replace your makeup with another lip colour. What is with that necklace, Amanda? You should really have known that probably only a choker necklace can go with something like that. Why do you complicate the look? Why? WHY?
I hate your everything. That hem length makes your torse so unnecessarily long and your bangs isn't helping the case. The whole look made you seem short and stubby and no one wants that.
I kinda like it I never liked that sort of necklace. Or dress. Or any dress with a ribbon in front. But somehow I like everything Marion Cotillard have on cause without any of it, the look fails. Without the necklace, the chest area is a little too empty and a pearl necklace has the tendency to inappropriately age someone up. The Dior dress needs the ribbon to add a flow to the look. And the shoes are the best final touch to the entire look. It is like playing with the eyes because the whole transcend from white to blue is what makes it weirdly amazing. I didn't like Anne Hathaway in her Chanel getup in the Golden Globes so I assumed I would hate what Julianne Moore have on because it is after all from the same collection. But I do, I love everything about her. Her makeup is clean enough, her hair is shining in the way that makes people envious, and her dress adds a youthful yet sexy touch. She looks smoking. I have always hated that material to be made into a dress (Search for Lea Michele's SAG Awards 2013 dress to understand why) but Jennifer Lawrence made me love it during her almost-trip up the stage to receive her award. Her little hiccup made me see the chiffon cut-out that balances the heaviness of this Dior dress. It's feminine yet tough at the same time and I love a feminine piece. Almost Best Dressed Thank goodness for Prabal Gurung to make this into a gown instead of the runway dress for January Jones. Her amazing height looks absolutely stunning in this floor-length. I love the classic white-black-red combination she has on though I would like to advice the hairstylist to die down the gel. Her hair looks freakishly shiny though I love that hairdo with the dress. Keeps the neck area clean. Kiernan Shipka looks absolutely adorable in this Oscar de la Renta. The dress looks perfect in that length and yet appropriate for an event of such. I would have preferred a pair of nude heels cause that pair she has on is a little too silver/metallic for the softness of the dress. BEST DRESSED (finally) Surprisingly, this time I am drawn to the dark hues of the carpet, and my final favourite looks are all black. I'm not sorry because all of the outfits they have on is what I would actually wear to an award show if I ever get the opportunity. That is Tina Fey in a sweetheart-cutting Oscar de la Renta gown. I usually would skip such a dress since there is always about 3 people who would be in such a dress. But I stopped at Tina's getup because of how she accessorized it. Indeed, everyone needs a little black dress. But everyone also needs to learn how to accessorize a LBD like how Tina did it. I love the belt, especially. And her old Hollywood hair and makeup is really turning the classic trend up a notch. She looks really breathtaking. Michelle Dockery in Chado Ralph Rucci also made me swoon. I don't like satin gowns in general because they age you up. But this just makes her glow. She looks like a ray of sunshine on the red carpet and her hair is simple marvelous. I would say she changed my mind about satin gowns. THE BEST BEST DRESSED (really this is the end) My favourite look HAVE to go to Amy Poehler. She look insanely gorgeous to an extent that I want to steal that dress and make it mine. And is it just me or does her eyes look extra blue? Anyway, her dress is super fitting in a way that flatters her figure. She looks great with that amount of black on her pale skin. I love how she accessorized too and I would recreate this look if I ever get the chance.
Photos credits to Huffington Post.
by almightyalicia
|
This is the site where you know how to dress 10 different outfits with the same t-shirt This is the site where you are educated on the tips and tricks of shopping in this ever-expensive country This is your Singapore shopping bible
comments
past
|