❝ almightyshopping.blogspot.sg ❞
your shopping bible

  home  ·   blog  ·   polyvore  ·   contact me  · follow

ootd - Chinese New Year
Posted Thursday, February 14, 2013 // 3:46 AM
除夕
Graphic dress - Bangkok.
I have been saving this dress since June for semi-formal occasions to don the dress. It was a gift from my sister who was overseas in Bangkok and eyed this dress for me. She always knew that I like my outfits weird, and this definitely fits the bill. She'd meant for me to wear this to presentations in school but alas, this semester had only a few modules that required a semi-formal dress-up. The rest of the teachers don't even care what we have on and believe it or not, people appear in shorts and slippers as such. 

But thank goodness for that, for this dress is actually oddly appropriate for Chinese New Year (with the cutting and all). 


Oh yes, this may look like a certain TopShop dress that was in stores like a few months earlier. Actually, it is the exact dress. My sister bought this before us knowing that the original came from TopShop so technically, I have a knockoff dress before realising at all. This probably cost 5% of its retailing price. STEAL.


初一

Printed shift dress - Qoo10, $13. Black tights - New Look, $5. Black and white Oxford shoes - Qoo10, $17.40
I called this day my Gmarket day because of the things I wore. The dress was bought closer to CNY period because when CNY is near, there usually would have some sort of sales ongoing on the website by the Chinese retailers. I saw the prints and I instantly fell in love. I had to have this cheap dress.

New Look now has this 2 for $10 black tights sales in stores that is really great because they have all the different sizes black opaque tights for everyone and anyone. But I am not a huge fan of New Look tights because of how they feel on my legs. I prefer TopShop ones. However, if you wear their tight regularly, just be informed for this promotion. 


The shoes are bought a while back when I noticed how my usual black shoes were under the weather. It was really cheap on the website and hence I got it. Thankfully, everything fits and it looks rather great (like for once I look like I have Michael Jackson feet than a regular tap dancer feet).


初二

Watercolour top - Jipaban, $17.50.  Shorts - ASOS, $15. Black heels - Payless, $25. Tote Bag - Christian Siriano for Payless, $25.
I don't know what got into my head this day to decide to wear heels but I wore it and was treated to a sore feet at the end of the day. It was brand new so I was bound to have blisters. But I outsmarted the shoes and wore socks to protect it almost right to the edge. Eventually, I did not suffer the terror of blister but I sure had a hell to pay as I roamed about Singapore in these demons.

Anyway, the top is from Mary Julian. I got it from Jipaban's Black Friday sales. My godmum was next to me as I shopped and pointed out the top because of its colours (she is very colour-oriented) and next thing I knew from my rush of shopping adrenaline, it was at my doorstep. But I do have some rant about that top because it is so big and flappy. One side was longer than the other and the collar was itchy too. It was not a great buy also because it make me look really bulky on top. 

I talked about the shorts before right? Hmm... Apparently not. Those shorts were from some time back. I bought it with the black high-low hem dress from here. This is one of the best buys ever because these shorts, though a little inappropriately short, is the most comfortable thing ever. I could rule the world in these shorts. Okay maybe except the Amazon where mosquito abound. 

The bag is from one of my favourite designer, Christian Siriano. He is really great and I like to believe he is the best Project Runway designer. Anyway, initially, I wanted to get the black and grey one but then when I got there, I found out that there is a half price on the tan and black one, so naturally, I got the cheaper one. 

初三
Mickey top - Bangkok. Shorts - Bangkok. Pouch - Malaysia, $4. Red TOMS - $15.
Those are authentic TOMS that I bought at only $15. I honestly paid fifteen bucks for an authentic pair of Red Stone-Washed Twill Women's Classics. The price is really not a prank. The lady explained to me that someone ordered it during their regular sprees but either changed her mind after the product is shipped or chose not collect it after all. So the company had to refund half of the price over such people and sell it in the showroom eventually. And after filtering it down, it ended up in my hands, a very cheapskate lady who greeds over sales.

Those shorts were originally my sister's. She got it from Bangkok and eventually decide not to wear it because honestly, it was not her style to wear such loud prints as bottoms. The material was also rather thin too so, really unsafe as a pants of any kind, to be honest. I, on the other hand, live to be in such loud print so I got my godmum to alter it so that I could wear it and voila, brand new polkadots shorts for me. 

The Mickey top is a gift from a friend of mine so other than the fact that the top is absolutely adorable, I ran out of words to describe it.

I got the pouch from Malaysia for only RM10 and it has been useful in carrying all my necessities (a.k.a my handphone and my ez-link). I was only visiting one house by today so a bag would really be too much. 

ANYWAY.

That concludes my outfits for Chinese New Year, hope you had fun collecting red packets as I had choosing what to wear and indulging in the goodies!

Labels:


by almightyalicia


This is the site where you get updates of the best deals ongoing in Singapore

This is the site where you know how to dress 10 different outfits with the same t-shirt

This is the site where you are educated on the tips and tricks of shopping in this ever-expensive country

This is your Singapore shopping bible

{ about the author }

comments

past

Layout by mymostloved